Get into the holiday spirit with a delicious double-baked biscotti! Baker Jyoti Nanra teaches us how to make this confection dessert recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In your mixer bowl, combine butter and sugar. Cream them with paddle attachment.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Once they’ve creamed, slowly add eggs one at a time. Scrape down bowl and mix between each egg addition.
- Add vanilla and almond extract if using and mix to combine.
- Spoon in your dry ingredients, Oreos, and sprinkles into your wet mixture. Mix to combine. Do NOT over mix. As soon as the flour has incorporated, stop.
- Divide dough into two balls and using some extra flour if you need, shape them into logs on your baking sheet.
- Bake them for 25 minutes, they should have the slightest golden tone once baked.
- Once the biscotti logs have baked, pull them out of the oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Lower oven temp to 280 F.
- Transfer one log onto a cutting board, and using a serrated knife, cut into long pieces. Repeat with second log.
- Place biscotti on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn the biscotti half way.
- When they have fully baked, let them cool first on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack.
- After they’ve cooled, dip biscotti in chocolate and sprinkle with more sprinkles.
- Pop them in the fridge to set for 10 minutes. They’re ready to eat
Join the conversation