- In a small pot add port, red wine, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Reduce by half.
- With a melon baller gently remove the core of the pear starting at the bottom.
- Place in poaching liquid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and place on a baking tray. Stuff with gorgonzola and bake for 3 minutes at 350
- Place toasted walnuts in large pasta bowl, place pear on top and glaze with leftover poaching liquid. Serve with a smile. Maybe a sprig of mint.
Special tools: nice pot, melon baller, baking tray
Join the conversation