- Preheat oven to 170 F in a convection oven or 195 in a standard oven.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and place on medium heat on the stove. Let the water come to a low boil.
- Wipe your mixer bowl and whisk attachment with vinegar to remove any grease.
- To the bowl add you fresh egg whites and sugar.
- Place the bowl over the boiling water and constantly whisk the mixture.
- The egg whites and sugar should loosen up, and the sugar will dissolve. As soon as the “syrup” is formed, remove from heat and fit into mixer.
- Whip the mixture on high speed until a fluffy white meringue has formed. The bowl will be cool to the touch and the meringue will have fairly stiff peaks.
- At this point you can add the vanilla or any other flavour.
- Pipe your meringue and bake the pops for 55 minutes.
Join the conversation