- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan well with baking spray (or grease and flour it well).
- Whisk flour with baking powder, allspice and salt in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Whisk sugar and canola oil together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in egg and almond extract.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, stirring gently until almost incorporated.
- Fold in mincemeat and cherries. Scrape into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 min or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack 10 min.
- Whisk milk and icing sugar together until smooth.
- After 10 min, remove cake from pan and place right-side-up on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with glaze. Let cool completely before slicing.
Join the conversation