- Mix the yolks and the whole eggs in a bowl with ½ of the sugar, whip until foamy.
- Scald the milk with the remaining sugar and as soon as it boils add slowly to the eggs whisking fast.
- Place the panettone slice on the bottom of a baking dish, 9×9 2 inches high, pour some of the crème mixture on top then gently flip and top with the rest of the mix.
- Bake at 325 until the mixture is set, it should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before refrigerating.
- Just before serving sprinkle brown sugar evenly all-over the top and caramelize using a butane blow torch or in a broiler on high.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries of your choice
Join the conversation