1) With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish and line the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper, letting the paper hang over two sides.
2) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients until the mixture sticks together. Press onto the bottom of the prepared dish.
3) Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust begins to firm up.
4) Meanwhile, in a saucepan off the heat, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the pineapple and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan until the mixture thickens, about 7 minutes.
5) Spread the mixture over the crust, then sprinkle with the coconut. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
6) Cut into bars. The pineapple and coconut bars will keepfor 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Join the conversation