- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine sugar and butter in the bowl of your stand mixer and cream it until it reaches a pale yellow.
- Add vanilla, and mix for another few seconds. Add your flour and salt. Mix to combine.
- Shortbread dough will be very loose and will not really come together. At this point add your chocolate and mix for another minute.
- Line a 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper, and using a silicone spatula, get all the shortbread dough into the square pan. Press the dough into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool for 3-4 minutes and remove the parchment with the shortbread. Cut the shortbread into squares while still pretty warm. It will allow for smoother and cleaner cuts.
Join the conversation