34-40 brownie bites
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray the baking tray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of the Skor bits.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Skor bits over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the water Add sugar in a mound in the center. Drizzle corn syrup.
- Cover and place over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until mixture starts to bubble. Remove cover and continue to simmer, swirling the pan occasionally to ensure even cooking, until the sugar turns light amber brown in colour. Careful as it can burn quickly.
- Add butter and whisk until completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add cream and salt. Keep whisking until the cream is completely incorporated and caramel is smooth. For a thicker caramel sauce, return to medium heat and let it come to a full boil (it should start boiling again pretty quickly) for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then whisk in bourbon!
- Pour onto or dunk the baked brownie bites and enjoy!
Join the conversation