- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer. Fit stand mixer with paddle attachment and cream the mixture.
- When the mixture is pale yellow and fluffy, add your egg, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Once it has combined, add your flour and pinch of salt. Continue to combine until the dough is formed and is coming off the sides of the bowl.
- Take dough from the bowl. Place your ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Your dough will be very soft but this is the perfect time to roll it out.
- Roll it to a 1/4” thickness and place the rolled out dough in the fridge to chill.
- While your dough chills, pre-heat oven 325 degrees.
- Once rolled out dough has chilled, cut your cookies out and place them on on a baking sheet. Bake cookies for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies and decorate.
Join the conversation