Heading into summer, it’s great to have BBQ options that cater to everyone’s liking. This summer is going to be all about YUZU!
Yuzu is a staple in Japanese cuisine that brings fun, funky, and citrus flavour. It has quickly becoming one of the hottest new food trends, but many Canadians aren’t aware of just how easy it is to #DoYouYuzu at home.
President’s Choice has created new innovations that include eight new yuzu-infused products! There’s nothing quite like the first time you try a new flavour and it’s an instant hit. The yuzu fruit is going to be the 20-21 summertime game-changer. So many different ways to incorporate this flavour into your summer meals and snacks.
Yuzu Hot Chicken with Dill Pickle
Crispy Yuzu Glazed Chicken Wings with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Yuzu Blueberry Bellini
YUZU BLUEBERRY BELLINI
Prep time: 4 mins
Special tools: fork
- With a fork, scratch the frozen sorbet to make an icy puree
- Add 2oz of the puree to a champagne flute
- Add 2oz of lemonade
- Top with Prosecco
-Garnish with fresh blueberries
*Perfect for a bottomless brunch!
YUZU HOT CHICKEN WITH DILL PICKLE
Prep time: 6 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Special tools: Medium pan
- Place chicken breast in the oven until crispy and internal temperature hits 160 degrees.
- Butter one side of bread and toast in a medium-hot pan until golden. Rub the bread with garlic and place on plate.
- Stack chicken on bread and garnish with pickles, dill and a heavy glaze of hot sauce.
CRISPY YUZU GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Special tools: blender
- Grill chicken wings until crispy, place on platter.
- Add peanut butter, soya, lime and hot sauce to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Place in side ramekin and tuck in beside wings. Garnish wings with toasted peanuts and green onion.
Join the conversation