- 4 x 4oz pieces salmon
- 2 large juiced beets
- 8 medium coarsely chopped strawberries
- 1 pint tri-coloured heirloom tomatoes
- ¾ cup red onion
- 8 sprigs coarsely chopped coriander
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp toasted coriander
- 8 mint leaves
- To taste Kosher salt
- To taste pink peppercorn or Black fresh pepper
- 4 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp fine balsamic
- For garnish edible flowers
- In a medium size shallow bowl, Marinade the salmon with beet juice for a few hours. Discard the beet juice once marinated.
- In a medium bowl mix the chopped strawberries, tomatoes, red onion, coriander, lime juice, olive oil & vinegar. Season according with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Roast coriander and pink peppercorn in a pan until you can smell the aroma or at low heat roast for 6 minutes. Crush in a mortar pestle and sprinkle on the salmon.
- In a medium non stick at medium heat add grape seed oil and roast salmon until cooked to desired temperature.
- Plate the salmon on the bottom and sprinkle the salsa on top. Drizzle finishing balsamic and garnish with mint and edible flowers.
Join the conversation