- 8 small chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large potatoes (or 1 bag mini) cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 large carrots 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp AP flour (or any kind of flour)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- TT salt & pepper
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and sear in a large sautée pan warmed with the vegetable oil, about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, and add the diced onion and garlic until translucent. Then add potatoes and carrots until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper and the flour, and mix.
- With heat on medium high, add the wine and reduce for 1 minute, then add the chicken stock and thighs and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cover the pan. Simmer for about 30 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- When ready, the sauce should be thickened to a gravy consistency, sprinkle dried thyme and serve.
Join the conversation