- In a medium saucepan, heat one litre of water and dissolve salt and sugar add other aromatics.
- Add ice to cool.
- Add to water in large container.
- Submerge turkey for a minimum of 12 hours and maximum of 24 and store it in the fridge.
- Drain and roast!
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place turkey in large roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Roast for one hour, turn down to 325 F and continue roasting for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover for the last 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let rest in the oven for 30 minutes covered.
- Remove and carve.
Note: This cook time is for a 12-14 pound stuffed bird. If not stuffed, roast for 30 minutes less. If bird is larger — up to 18 pounds — add one hour at 325 F, and 15 minutes to resting time.
Join the conversation