- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 500 g. (approx. 6 pieces) skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion cut into half moons
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 cup no salt added chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves or 1 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb mini yellow fleshed potatoes cut in half
- 1 lb whole small cremini mushrooms rinsed
- Heat a large 12 or 14–inch oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add oil and chicken, brown well. Remove from the pan and place on a clean plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are turning a golden brown, approximately 3-6 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth over top and then using a flat edged wooden spoon or spatula, scrape up any bits that have browned in the pan.
- Add chicken back into the skillet. Sprinkle with rosemary and cracked pepper. Add potatoes and mushrooms. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and gently simmer for 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove lid from the pan, place in oven for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are a golden brown, gently stir and serve.
- Garnish with peas if desired.
Join the conversation