- 1 pkg (340 g) PC BLACK LABEL CALIFORNIA WILD RICE
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cider vinegar
- 1-½ tbsp (22 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely diced, seeded ripe tomatoes (about 3 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced red onion
- ¾ cup (175 mL) PC Cranberries Sweetened Dried Fruit
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted hazelnuts chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley loosely packed
- ½ cup (125 mL) thinly sliced fresh mint loosely packed
- Place rice in fine-mesh sieve and rinse well under cold water. Transfer to large saucepan; cover with 4-½ cups (1.125 L) of cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for about 45 minutes or until rice is tender and slightly split open. Drain, rinsing well under cold water. Let cool uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together cider vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper then slowly drizzle in canola oil. Whisk until slightly thickened; set aside.
- In bowl, combine cooked wild rice, tomatoes, onion, cranberries, hazelnuts, parsley and mint. Pour dressing over top and toss to combine. Transfer to serving bowl.
Join the conversation