- 8 pc smoked sausage
- 8 pc orange carrots peeled, trimmed, and sliced
- 8 pc Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 pc yellow onions trimmed, peeled, and quartered
- 2 pc Red Prince apples cored, peeled, and quartered
- 2 pc Fresh Bay leaves
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 litre chicken stock or water
- To taste flaked sea salt
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish whole grain mustard
- Garnish white wine vinegar
- Layer in a large stockpot starting with potatoes, carrots, onions, apples, bay leaves and top with sausage.
- Add chicken stock or water, cover and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer for 20-30 minute or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove sausage and set aside, remove bay leaves, add butter, mash until desired consistency, add water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, remembering that the sausage will have rendered salt and fat.
- To serve, place a large scoop on a plate, pressing a spoon into the top, add butter, mustard and sliced sausage.
Join the conversation