- Grate the onion, using the large holes of a box grater, into a large bowl. Add the panko, Dijon, Worcestershire, thyme and salt and stir well. Add the turkey and mix very well to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 4 equal patties, making them very flat and about ½ an inch wider than the buns.
- Layer patties between little sheets of parchment paper.
- Freeze in packs of 4 (or whatever suits your family). Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or cook from frozen.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
- Spray or brush it generously with canola oil.
- Add the burgers and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side (for fresh / fully thawed burgers), or until cooked through and springy to the touch.
- Serve on buns with the usual condiments.
- For frozen patties, cook 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Join the conversation