- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a bowl except cinnamon and cardamom pods and massage into lamb, try not to get any marinade on the exposed bones. Marinate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from the fridge for a minimum of one hour before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to bake @ 400F. In a large frying pan on medium-high heat add vegetable oil and cinnamon and cardamom pods. When the spices begin to sizzle add lamb to pan and sear on both sides until golden brown, remove to a baking tray lined with parchment. Bake lamb flesh side up in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lamb registers 125F on an internal meat thermometer for medium rare.
- While lamb is baking use a food processor to make the crust. Remove crust to a large plate or tray.
- Remove lamb from the oven once it is cooked and allow to rest for 5 minutes before covering the meat with the crust. Slice and serve.
Join the conversation