Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Place ribs deep in roasting pan.
- Turn on stove top to high heat and begin to sear ribs to caramelised and lock in seasoned flavouring. Mix all ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour over seared ribs.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top and then cover with foil. Place in convection oven set to 325 degrees allow to cook for 2 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove ribs from braising liquid and place on a cooling rack until ready to portion and glaze in pan. Strain braising liquid into stock pot and allow to cook down to yield 2 cups.
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- Add ingredients to pot whisking in Gochujang paste and then allowing to cook onions and carrots until soft.
- Add maple syrup after tasting to confirm needed for that sweet and sour flavour.
Join the conversation