Sweet Potato Mash
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 20 – 25 minutes.
- In a preheated cast iron, add onions and cook till golden brown. Add the ground lamb and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add carrots, celery and all the spices to pan and cook all the way through. Season with salt and pepper as you go.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and add all the ingredients and mash together.
- Top the filling with the sweet potato mash while it is still in the cast iron.
- Place the Shepherd’s Pie in the oven and broil for 10 minutes or until the edges crisp up.
- Serve after resting for 10 minutes.
Join the conversation