4 hrs 20 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil + 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1L Jar tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 340g package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened. Add the ground meat and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato sauce to the skillet along with the salt and oregano. Stir to incorporate the seasoning. Cook the sauce and meat mixture until heated through.
- In a large bowl, add the cottage cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese and combine.
- Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles. You can break the noodles to fit into your slow cooker. Top noodles with a portion of the sauce and meat mixture and then a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of noodles, sauce and cheese until all the ingredients are used up. Top with extra grated mozzarella and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Cover, and cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Join the conversation