- 2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1/2 cup white wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 1 pinch tumeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup garden peas
- 1/2 cup snap peas chopped
- 1/2 cup pea shoots picked down small
- 1 english cucumber peeled, sliced, and diced small
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced fine
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup feta cheese diced
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted, whole
- 1/2 cup fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup curly parsley chopped
- 2 whole lemons zested and juiced
- Add the chicken/veg stock, white wine and turmeric into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Place the couscous and cumin into a large bowl. Then pour the boiling stock over the couscous, stir, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the cover, fluff up the couscous using a fork.
- Now mix in the tomatoes, peas, cucumber, shallots, garlic, chickpeas, feta cheese, almonds, mint, parsley, lemon zest and juice.
- Mix well, season with salt, pepper and serve.
Join the conversation