- Preheat 375F.
- Slice off the tops of large bread buns.
- Hollow out buns with a fork. Do not tear outside of bun.
- Butter the inside of the bun lightly with soft butter using the back of a spoon.
- Bake on a large cookie sheet until just browned and crispy. Approximately 5-8 minutes. Let stand.
- Heat oil in a large stove top pot at medium-high.
- Chop onion finely adding to pot as you chop.
- Wash and slice mushrooms adding to pot as you cut.
- Sauté until onion looks slightly translucent.
- Add soup and gradually, add milk until smooth.
- Grate cheddar and add to pot.
- When you are minutes away from serving. Heat oven to broil. Ladle soup into bread bowl and top with cheddar. Heat until just bubbling. Serve soup bowl on plate with side salad.
Join the conversation