- 1 box tiger prawns with head-on (20-22 pcs per box)
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1 liter white wine
- 2 cups of orange juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 stalks celery , cut medium dice
- 2 oranges sliced 1.5 inch thick
- 1 leek , sliced into 2 inch rounds
- 4 head fennel , cut into medium dice
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- 2 carrots , cut into medium dice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pcs pickled scotch bonnet (quick pickle scotch bonnets reserve liquid for hot sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cup court bouillon liquid
- 1⁄2 cup peeled garlic
- 1⁄3 cup smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chopped parsley
Instructions for prawns
- Fill large bowl with ice and water and place aside.
- Prepare all ingredients except prawns and place in large stock pot and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Add prawns to pot and cook for 5-9 minutes or until shrimp turns pink be sure to check heads as they sometimes need additional time.
- Remove prawns and place in ice bath until ready to mix with sauce
- Place all ingredients into blender until combined into rich, red, saucy consistency.
• Remove prawns from ice bath and place in bowl be sure there is no excess water.
• Pour peppa sauce onto prawns and using gloves mix well until prawns or covered in sauce.
• Garnish with curly scallions and chopped parsley.
• Be sure to suck the head … Enjoy!
Join the conversation