- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the hemp seeds, dill, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Place the trout fillet on the prepared baking sheet and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Smear the Dijon mustard evenly on to the top of the fillet.
- Spoon the hemp seed mixture on top of the mustard coating and press down with the back of the spoon to ensure the hemp seeds stick to the fish.
- Toss tomatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Place beside fish on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakey.
- Place mixed greens on a plate, place trout on top with tomatoes. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and season with additional sea salt & pepper if needed.
OPTION: You can make cauliflower rice instead of salad as a tasty side dish. You can buy cauliflower already riced at the grocery store (or you can make your own in a food processer). Add the cauliflower to a fry pan with a bit of coconut oil and sauté for 3 minutes or until cauliflower softens. Add any seasonings you enjoy. This makes a great no-grain substitute for rice or potatoes!
Join the conversation