Chef Stefano Faita shares a rich and flavourful recipe from Rome that’s insanely delicious in the Daily Dish.
- 3 large Egg yolks
- 60 millilitres (1/4 cup) Romano cheese grated
- 60 millilitres (1/4 cup) Parmesan cheese grated
- 30 millilitres (2 tbsp) Extra virgin olive oil
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) Pancetta cubed
- 500 grams (1 package) Italian sausage of your choice casings removed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 648 millilitres (1 jar) Stefano tomato-basil sauce
- 454 grams (1 pack) Rigatoni pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Serving: 4 to 6 portions
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the eggs, about half the quantity of each cheese and some black pepper.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown.
- Add the sausage to the pancetta and cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sauce and let simmer.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Before draining, reserve about ½ cup of starchy cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and toss vigorously to coat. Add the reserved pasta water and cook until the sauce coats the pasta, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add egg yolk mixture. Stir and toss rapidly until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Season with black pepper and serve topped with the remaining cheeses.
Join the conversation