- Preheat a sauté pan and add olive oil and a nugget of butter. Dry the chicken and season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shake off the excess well. Place the chicken skin side down into the pan and start roasting gently at medium low heat, turn only when the skin is nice and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Once you turned the chicken over increase the heat and start adding the capers, fry for a minute and add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the mustard and the cream. Turn the fire to low and simmer covered until the chicken is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Leaf the sprouts and thinly slice the core and dice the squash.
- Preheat a sauté pan, in it add olive oil, onions and garlic, sauté until translucent then add the squash, sauté for a minute longer and add the fregola.
- Start adding the broth half immediately and then add as needed during the cooking.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and season to taste.
- The fregola should be cooked in about fifteen minutes so adjust the flame to medium and let it cook gently adding broth as needed.
- Once the fregola is cooked stir in the parsley and serve.
Join the conversation