- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3 mild, Italian sausages casings removed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 900 ml low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 270 ml canned white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup ditalini or small pasta
- 1 bunch kale ribs removed and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large pot over medium heat. Crumble sausage into pan. Using a wooden spoon, break up sausage into small pieces. Cook until no pink remains, around 5 to 6 minutes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to same pot, and then add onion, carrot, celery and salt. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in sausage, chicken broth, water and beans. Boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, kale and tomato paste. Increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
Photo by Roberto Caruso
Protein 16 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fat 11 g
Fibre 6 g
Sodium 947 mg
Join the conversation