- Salt the skin on the pork belly like a sidewalk. Yes heavy very heavy. Leave in fridge for 24 hours uncovered. Yes uncovered (dry it out).
- Remove from fridge and brush 90% of the salt off, slice in half. Remove the patented paddle from your active fry and place a few ring moulds in for you belly to rest on. It’s important to have it elevated. (Cook from the top down not from the bottom up).
- Place belly on ring moulds under the heat source and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for 7 minutes (take pictures of your crazy crispy crisp belly, post it to Instagram. Tag me @chefrandyfeltis) Carve with serrated knife.
- Dress the taco shell with aioli, salsa, coriander top with crispy pork belly and enjoy.
Join the conversation