Chunky Sauce Remoulade
- In a large saute pan saute garlic and butter, add leeks and cook until soft. Add spinach, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool. Remove excess liquid.
- Divide puff pastry into two and roll out larger to be slightly larger than the side of salmon. On a baking sheet place a sheet of parchment paper then lay down the first sheet of puff pastry.
- Place half of the cooked leek mixture down evenly in middle giving the salmon a resting place. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Top the salmon with remaining leek mixture, egg wash the outside rim of the bottom sheet of pastry. Take the other sheet of pastry and place over top of the salmon to create a giant ravioli.
- Press down firmly on the edges to seal and trim the excesses pastry. Egg wash the top sheet of pastry and cut a few slits to let the salmon breath. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Place a metal skewer into the middle for ten seconds, if its warm when removed it’s done. If it’s smoking hot the salmon is well done.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, and carve with a serrated knife. This can also be served at room temperature.
Chunky Sauce Remoulade: Toss in a bowl and mix but not too hard. Serve and enjoy responsibly.
Join the conversation