- 2 whole squid
- 6-7 oz. sliced pork belly 1/2 inch thick
- 2-3 oz. chicken hearts
- 6 pc of wings (flats only, tips removed)
- 1 cup shishito peppers
- 8 oz. firm tofu cut in 1" x 2" slabs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp hoisin
- 1/3 tsp crushed Szechuan peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Skewer all proteins and vegetable. In a large, flat, deep roasting pan/sheet, lay out all skewers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Once mixed, apply marinade to all sides of the skewers until they are fully coated.
- Transfer into reseal-able bags, close tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- On high heat of BBQ, lay out all skewers on to the grill and cook on both sides until desired and doneness is achieved. Remove from the grill.
- Sprinkle with salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice if so desired. Garnish with green onions.
Join the conversation