5 hrs 45 min
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken breasts liberally on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the wine, chicken broth and garlic.
- Place the chicken breasts and mushrooms into the slow cooker in one single layer, if possible. Pour the wine mixture over the chicken and mushrooms. Cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Whisk together the cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water. Pour the cornstarch into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker, turn the heat to HIGH and cook for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the warmed heavy cream and season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Join the conversation