- 2 6-bone racks of veal trimmed and frenched
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp ground tri-coloured pepper
- 1 cup pearl onions peeled
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 355 ml Island Gurl Bahama Steam Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh Italtian parsley chopped
- 2 Meyer lemons cut in wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place racks of veal on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add vinegar and oil over the meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Transfer to the center rack of the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue to roast for about 45 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 130°F for medium. Remove from oven, let rest for 15 minutes, transfer to a platter.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, cook 3 minutes, add bell peppers, mushrooms cook 3 minutes, add steam sauce, cook until heated through for 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the sauce and vegetable mixture over the veal and around the platter. Garnish with
parsley, lemon wedges and serve with Caribbean mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.
Join the conversation