- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Squeeze the sausage meat out of the casing. Break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add onions, celery and paprika to the pan and cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown, approximately five minutes.
- Add the bread cubes, currants and almonds. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken broth and stir in. Remove from heat.
- Cut a large piece of parchment paper double the size of an 8 x 8-inch metal baking dish. Run the parchment paper under cold water, wring out any excess water, and then line the pan, making sure that there is an equal overlap on two sides.
- Spoon the dressing into the pan. Fold the overlapping pieces to cover the dressing and tuck in to make a pouch
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Unfold the top piece of parchment paper to open the top and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the dressing is slightly dry.