Rest time 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rub skin with butter and season heavily with salt and pepper.
- Tie up bird and place in a rack in a baking tray.
- Roast at 425 F for 1 hour, turn oven down to 325 F until eternal temperature hits 165 F. Remove and let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a large roasting pan toss bones, celery, carrots, onion, garlic and tomato paste. Roast at 400 until golden.
- Remove to a large pot and deglaze pan with champagne.
- Add water and lemon thyme to the pot with pan drippings.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- In a saucepot cook butter and flour to a blond colour. Slowly add your Turkey stock while whisking.
- If you get lumps simply strain, if it’s too thin just reduce the gravy, season and serve.
Join the conversation