Lemon Thyme Butter Glaze
Sunday Roast Chicken Dinner
Whole Roasted Chicken with a Lemon Thyme Butter Glaze
Sumac Fire Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Steam Carrots with Caraway Seed, Mustard Vinaigrette
Honey Swede Mash
Buttered Green Veg – (beans, snap peas, snow peas, asparagus)
Classic Roasted Potatoes
Lemon Thyme Chicken Gravy
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter with the thyme leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and sea salt. Set aside but do not allow it to firm back up.
- Stuff the chopped garlic, shallot, thyme stems and center pulp from the lemons inside the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a wire baking rack onto of a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush the skin of the bird and place in the oven.
- Continue to brush the skin every 10 to 15 minutes. If you have a convection fan on your oven, cook with the fan on. This will give you perfectly crispy skin. Cooking time will change depending on the size of the chicken. To be sure use a temperature probe to make sure the internal temp is 165.
Join the conversation