- Make yourself a drink.
- Pat the steak dry with paper towel. Sprinkle both sides of the steak with lots of salt (at least 1 tbsp of kosher salt). Season with pepper.
- Heat the barbecue or cast-iron pan to high, and let it get good and hot.
- Put the steak on the grill or in the pan and leave it alone for 3 minutes. Sip your drink. Flip the steak and leave it again for another 3 minutes. Depending on steak, it is now cooked to ‘rare’. Want it medium-rare? Cook for another 3 minutes. Medium? Add another 3 minutes on top of that.
- Transfer the steak to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes. No need to cover it, just keep it out of any direct drafts.
- Carve into ½-inch slices and serve.
For the salsa verde:
- Combine everything except the olive oil in a small blender. Whirl until finely chopped. Add oil and whirl for another second or two.
Join the conversation