Special tools: cast iron pan, meat mallet
- Mix bread crumbs together with parmigiana. Set up a breading station, flour, egg, wash then bread crumbs.
- In a plastic bag pound chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness. Consistently is key. Then run through breading station and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring olive oil up to heat in a cast iron pan and shallow fry breasts on one side.
- Remove excess oil and flip. Top with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella, layer pizza mozzarella, tuck in basil and sprinkle with parmigiana.
- Broil for 4-6 minutes. Remove when cheese is blistered and delicious.
- Serve with a side salad and a smile.
Join the conversation