- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- pinch of ground pepper
- pinch of salt
- ½ pound (450g) wide egg noodles
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups of whole milk
- 2 cans of drained tuna
- 1 can (14 ounces) drained and thickly sliced artichoke hearts
- 3 thinly sliced scallions
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dishes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until 2 minutes short of al dente; drain, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy pot, heat oil over medium.
- Add bell peppers; season with salt and pepper. Cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat; add mixture to noodles in pot, along with tuna, artichoke hearts, and scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss.
- Transfer to baking dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until golden and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Join the conversation