Fresh Tomato Salsa
Creamy Sunflower Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds (soaked for 20 minutes in hot water)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (approx. 2 1/2 tbsp) lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce (like Frank’s or Cholula)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Ground Round + Bean Mixture
- In a small pot combine quinoa, water, and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile combine diced tomato, red onion, cilantro and lime juice to make a fresh salsa.
- Drain and rinse the soaked sunflower seeds and then add to a high-powered blender like a Vitamix with remaining dressing ingredients. Combine until very smooth.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat add olive oil. Once hot add onions and sauté for 2 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add in minced garlic, chipotle chili, and cumin and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Crumble Yves Mexican Veggie Ground Round into the pan and brown for 4 to 5 minutes. Then stir in black beans and frozen corn and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Just before serving dress the chopped romaine lettuce in a large mixing bowl with 4 tbsp of dressing and then divide portions into serving bowls.
- Top each serving with cooked quinoa, the ground round mixture, fresh tomato salsa, diced avocado, and another drizzle of dressing. Serve with corn chips on the side.
Join the conversation