To make coffee using a Moka Pot or stovetop espresso, the coffee to water ratio should be 1:9, and the coffee grinds fine-medium. For this method, I like to use the Bialetti Moka Express 6 Cup.
- Coffee Fine-Medium
- Fill the base with boiling water (or as hot as possible) below the valve.
- Loosely fill the basket with your ground coffee and place it on top.
- Holding the base with a tea towel (careful, it will be hot!) screw the top into place and set the unit onto the stove.
- On an electric stove, go for medium heat, on gas start a little higher and lower the heat as the coffee starts to run.
- The coffee should brew quickly, in under 2 minutes, and is finished when it starts to sputter and steam.
- Immediately remove it from the heat and enjoy!
Join the conversation