- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- ½ thinly sliced onion
- to taste Kosher salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas large
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced avocado
- for serving sour cream
- 4 pieces marinated grilled chicken sliced into strips
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken, peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is heated through, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- In a large skillet, heat Canola oil to high heat. Add 1 flour tortilla to skillet and top half of the tortilla with a heavy sprinkling of both cheeses, cut chicken, pepper-onion mixture and a few slices of avocado. Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook, flipping once, until golden brown or about 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat to make 4 quesadillas.
- Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream.
Join the conversation