It’s getting to be summertime and no matter your space, planting fresh herbs is a must. Ever made your own pesto? This year could be your year! Pesto is something that can be so easy and versatile. You can choose to go with a classic pesto or spice it up with orecchiette pesto pasta salad.
Orecchiette Pesto Pasta Salad
- Cook your orecchiette to al dente (according to package directions).
- As the pasta cooks, chop the cherry tomatoes, bocconcini and olives.
- Drain and cool the pasta. Add into a large bowl.
- Combine the chopped cherry tomatoes, bocconcini and olives with the cooked orecchiette pasta.
- Add the classic pesto to the mixture and stir to combine and coat the pasta salad.
- Season if needed, with salt and pepper.