Chicken Tinga Tacos
- In large bowl, combine masa, water and salt. Mix until dough comes together into one ball. If dough feels dry, add water 1 teaspoon at a time. Divide dough into 16 equal balls. Cover with damp cloth or paper towel.
- Place each ball between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Using a tortilla press or bottom of a large flat casserole, flatten each ball until 2-3 mm thickness.
- Carefully transfer to nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook, flipping once until lightly blistered, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Store cooked tortillas under damp cloth or paper towel.
In bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle paste. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add chipotle paste, passata, vinegar, water and salt; stir to combine.
- Add chicken, stirring, and cook just until heated through, about 2 more minutes.
Lay tortillas onto large board or platter. Spread 1 heaping tsp of chipotle mayo onto each tortilla, top with chicken mixture and other desired toppings.
Cojita Cheese or Crumbled Feta
To make Chipotle paste: puree 1-2 cans of chipotles in adobo sauce in food processor or blender. Transfer to a large freezer bag, flatten and freeze. Break pieces off as needed. Paste will thaw quickly. Use to add a smoky spiciness to soups, stews, sauces, marinades and salsas.
Join the conversation