2 full bowls
Soy Tea Eggs
2 days in advance
- In a small pot with water ½ full bring to a full boil; gently place 2 raw eggs into the boiling water, turn water to a medium high (light boil). Set a timer to boil eggs to 7 minutes.
- Remove pot off heat, with slotted spoon, remove eggs and drop in ice bath or cold running water immediately. Allow to sit in water for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove shells gently and move peeled eggs off to the side.
- In a sealable container, add all marinating ingredients in and ensure it is thoroughly mixed. Add eggs, seal container and refrigerate for 48 hours.
- In a small pot, quick flash the noodles until loose and soft. As noodles are pre-cooked, the process is only a couple of minutes. Remove and drain, leave off to the side but save water. While water is still lightly boiling, quickly flash greens and corn. Remove, drain and leave off to the side.
- In a small pot, bring broth to a light simmer over medium heat. Once broth is simmering, add cold pre-cooked protein in to warm for 2-3 minutes.
- Place noodles in centre of shallow noodle bowl. Layer greens on one side of the noodles followed by cooked protein.
- Add broth from side of bowl gently until covering ¾ of noodles.
- Add corn, cut open and place soy tea eggs, 2 sheets of nori and garnish with green onions.
Join the conversation