You’ll never need to buy Caesar dressing again after making this delicious vegan version at home!
Dr. Joey Shulman has a recipe for a superfood Caesar salad packed with kale, lettuce, and homemade croutons that you’ll love! Add some sweet potato for protein to turn this salad into a filling meal!
Vegan Caesar dressing
- Tear kale into bite size pieces and massage with oil and salt until wilted.
- Add Romaine, chickpeas, croutons and dressing. Mix well and enjoy!
- Place cashews in water and allow to sit for 1-2 hours. Drain and rinse.
Add cashews and all dressing ingredients into blender and blend on high.
- Keep in fridge when done. Stores up to 1 week
- Cut bread into cubes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Pour 3 tbsp of oil over cubes and stir.
- Add the spices to the mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine your bread, oil and seasonings completely.
- Pour the seasoned bread mixture into the air fryer basket — or onto your air fryer tray!
- Air fry your croutons for 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees or until crunchy. Be sure to stir the croutons once or twice during cooking to keep them from sticking or burning.
Please note: If you are making your croutons in the oven vs. the air fryer – bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (or until crunchy). Stir half way through.
Join the conversation