- 2 cups farro or spelt, cooked wheat berries
- 2 cups cooked mung beans
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 chopped into bite sized pieces oranges
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 cup [(arils) only (use fresh or frozen) approximately 1 large ] pomegranate seeds
- ¾ cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl make the dressing: whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice. Ser aside.
- Add wheat berries, mung beans, kale, parsley and onion. Toss well.
- Add pomegranate seeds and toss well. Add feta and toss gently. Store in the fridge until serving time.
- Serving time: add pumpkin seeds and toss. Serve.
You need to have the whole grains and mung beans cooked and ready to go before you start the recipe.
Makes 10 cups
One serving = 2 cups
Per Serving: 478 Calories, 18.8 g Total Fat, 5.5 g Saturated Fat, 0 Trans Fat, 21 mg Cholesterol, 278 mg Sodium, 64.7 g Carbohydrate, 16.1 g Fibre, 19.2 g Sugars, 0.1 g Added Sugars, 20.6 g Protein, 932 mg Potassium
Carbohydrate Choice: 3
Join the conversation