Looking for a new shrimp dish that will impress you and your guests this summer?
Try a new take on shrimp with this delicious sweet and sticky honey garlic shrimp toast recipe shared by food and drinks stylist Jason Skrobar! This dish is simple to follow, even for those who are inexperienced with cooking seafood. If you love shrimp, this dish is sure to become a favourite in no time.
- 1/3 cup runny honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp chilli crisp (depending on your desired heat level)
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- 1" knob fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1lb medium raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 loaf sliced sourdough toasted and buttered
- chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- sliced green onion for garnish
- Start by making the sauce and the slurry (a slurry is a combination of a liquid and starch that helps thicken a sauce). For the sauce, in a small bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, chilli crisp, garlic and ginger. Set aside. For the slurry, in a separate small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet and add the shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally for a few minutes or until the shrimp have turned pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Pour the prepared sauce into the hot pan and let it come to a simmer. Once the sauce is simmering add the slurry and mix until thickened, about a minute. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and mix until the shrimp are nicely coated with sauce and warmed through.
- To serve, spoon the saucy shrimp over toasted sourdough and garnish with parsley and green onions. Enjoy!
Join the conversation