Inspired by the new Benjamin Moore Colour of the Year “Blue Nova”, Chef Devan Rajkumar brings you this recipe for Tandoori Pork Tenderloins. Filled with bright colours and fun ingredients, it’s sure to be as flavourful as it is colourful!
Grape and Chive Salsa
- In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook onions until translucent approximately 5-6 minutes then add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes ensuring to not colour the onions or garlic.
- Add parsnip, apple, cream, rosemary sprig and simmer ingredients until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes, stir as necessary.
- Meanwhile in a small pot or saucepan over medium heat add grapeseed oil, shallot and season with salt. Sauté until lightly golden brown then add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add grapes, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, water and bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened and remove from the heat, fold in chives and set aside.
- Remove rosemary sprig from parsnip puree and carefully transfer to a food processor, or use a stick blender to puree. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest and adjust seasoning if necessary with salt and white pepper, set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F and line a baking tray with parchment
- Pre-heat a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- In a dish add pork and rub all over with oil, then sprinkle tandoori masala and gently massage pork. Season evenly with salt.
- Add grapeseed oil to the cast iron pan and sear tenderloin on all sides until golden brown, approximately 5-6 minutes. Carefully wrap tenderloin in foil and bake until 145 F internal temperature, Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss cauliflower with remaining grapeseed oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 5-6 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap pork halfway and allow to rest for 5-6 minutes in the foil before slicing. Add any juice from the pork to the grape salsa.
- To plate, start with a spoon of parsnip puree, top with desired slices of pork, add a few pieces of roasted cauliflower, top with grape salsa and finish with crispy onions.