Culinary nutritionist Trudy Stone is here to show us a truly drool-worthy recipe for zesty jalapeño salmon tacos. Did you know that salmon is one of the best proteins for brain health? With vitamin B12 and essential fatty acids like Omega 3s, it actually helps to stabilize the mood. This easy taco recipe is a fun way to fuel your body and mind all at once!
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- To prepare salmon, place chilli powder, oregano, garam masala, salt and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pat the salmon fillet dry with a paper towel.
- Then place in a single layer on a baking sheet, oil all sides, and sprinkle with the spice mixture evenly.
- Bake until the salmon’s internal temperature reaches 135-145°F* roughly 15-17 minutes.
- Note: You can also test doneness by sticking a fork or knife into the salmon and turning it slightly. The fish should be opaque and flake easily.
- Next, make the salsa. While the salmon is cooking, combine the orange, red onion, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Finally, assemble the tacos.
- Once the salmon is done, use two forks to shred the salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- Add salmon to the tortilla, and top with a spoonful of salsa, purple cabbage, and sesame seeds (if using).
Join the conversation